Tuxedo Station / Tuxedo, NY
From 1980s update to restored 1885 Victorian jewel
After a 1980s modernization, nothing original was left of the Tuxedo railway station except for some of the ornamental wood trim, one transom window to the exterior and one interior door and transom. In 2000, the station was added to the National Register of Historic Places but was showing its age. Nine years later the town collaborated with historians to restore the building to its earlier appearance, using original plans and old pictures to recreate the original design. The building now serves as both train station and community center.